- Profesor nativo de Inglés con Certificado TEFL y un año de experience
- Malasaña, Madrid
Hard-working, multi-faceted and international-minded graduate in Modern Languages seeking job opportunities within the English as a Foreign Language education market as well as further freelance work in translation and publishing.
Since graduating from the University of Southampton in June 2016, I have dedicated myself to applying my proven academic background and personal expertise in language learning into dynamic and forward-thinking teaching practices.
Having recently settled in Madrid, Spain in October 2016 and completing a TELF (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification with Spain’s top teacher training company, TtMadrid, I am readying myself to make an impact on the local teaching market.
In terms of my services, I offer the following:
– General English classes; all levels; both GROUP and One-To-One
– Business English classes; all levels; both GROUP and One-To-One
– Conversation Classes
– Interview preparation Classes
– Exam Preparation Classes (Cambridge Exams, IETLS)
University of Southampton
- September 2012 - June 2016BA Spanish & Portuguese
First class honours in BA Spanish and Portuguese, C1/C2 level in Spanish and Portuguese language; specialisations in Sociolinguistics, Second Language Acquisition theory and Spanish linguistics/dialectology.
Lisbon Language Café
- March - June 2015English Teacher
• Working with small groups of adult B1/B2 level students in an informal setting;
• Delivering conversation classes to teach relevant vocabulary and grammar through topic-based discussion;
• Providing more intensive, one-to-one tuition for select clients, if requested, and designing an appropriate outline for their tuition based on their needs.
Casa da Educação
- October - June 2015Cultural Programme Coordinator
• Responsible for preparing, organising and managing a cultural education programme for youth participants (aged 16-25) of the Erasmus+ training programme;
• Giving guided tours of the city and areas of local interest to give a dynamic introduction to Portuguese history, art and culture;
• Preparing and teaching a Portuguese language course for absolute beginners as well as a formal assessment for them.
- July - September 2014English Teacher
• Working with a two groups of 5-7 C1 level students following a communicative methodology;
• Managing and running the school’s extra-curricular English language based activities for learners of all ages and levels such as music, games and story clubs;
• Promoting an English-speaking environment within the school to encourage use of English outside the classroom.