Laurence George Holt
- Native English speaker, teacher from England, CELTA certified, University of Manchester graduate
I am a native English speaking university graduate. I am fully CELTA qualified and have prior teaching experience through the CELTA, working as a guitar tutor, and organising study groups at university. On the CELTA course I taught English to non-speakers from a wide variety of backgrounds. Classes consisted of students from all over the world, who each faced very different problems whilst improving their English. Planning for classes had to take into account that Vietnamese, Iranian (Farsi), Spanish, Italian, Arabic, and Russian speakers may all attend any given class. I enjoyed this challenge, as it meant engaging with students through a variety of techniques, including using visuals, sounds, gestures, realia, games, and roleplaying. As an English Literature graduate from a high-ranking British university, I possess a thorough and strong understanding of my native language and feel that I can offer classes and employers a high quality depth of understanding and knowledge.
Outside of learning and academics, my previous job was as assistant manager of a renowned and multi-award winning music venue, bar, exhibition space, and restaurant named Soup Kitchen, in Manchester’s busy Northern Quarter. I had a number of responsibilities in my previous role. I would lead and co-ordinate a team of up to 15 people, including security staff, events organisers, bartenders, kitchen staff, and sound engineers. I was also responsible for ensuring the venue’s security and safety, totaling profits, completing general banking duties, monitoring stock, liaising with artists and performers, and ensuring standards remained high across the business. For any new starters in either management or any other position, I had an important role in their training, and teaching them their new job roles. I feel that the job taught me leadership qualities, alongside co-ordination and organisational skills.
I am enthusiastic about teaching English, and enjoy facilitating progress and learning. I enjoy the classroom environment and learning about other cultures and languages. I find observing and being a part of the progress students make rewarding, and I am comfortable teaching any age group, from children to adults. I am comfortable teaching English of all kinds, including Business English. I believe that my qualities, qualifications, and experience make me an excellent candidate for a wide variety of ESL teaching positions.
University of Cambridge
- September - October 2016CELTA - Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
University of Manchester
- September 2010 - June 2014English Literature and American Studies - Bachelor of the Arts (Hons)
¿Por qué buscar un profesor de inglés con profesoringles.net?En profesoringles.net aseguramos calidad. Para que un profesor pueda publicar su CV tiene que reunir varios requisitos:
- Su lengua primaria ha de ser el inglés.
- Educación, mínimo un grado universitario o similar.
- TESL, ha de tener un diploma reconocido como el "Cambridge UCLES CELTA", "Trinity Certificate in TESOL" o similar. Esto incluye exámenes y una serie de clases supervisadas por examinadores expertos, en las que se debe mostrar la habilidad como profesor.
- Entrevista, una entrevista personal con nosotros, donde evaluamos su CV, experiencia y capacidad para enseñar Inglés.