- Experienced and qualified English teacher from the UK, specialising in General English, Business English and Exam English courses for adults
Tom Flaherty is a CELTA-qualified English Teacher based in Barcelona. Born in the south of England near London, he graduated from the University of Bath with a BA in European Studies with German and Italian.
He always knew that he wanted to be a teacher, but after reflecting on where and who to teach, he decided to qualify as an English Language Teacher for adults in Budapest. Now with over five year’s teaching experience in cities such as Padua, Dresden, Tokyo, Berlin, Oxford and Shanghai, he is currently living and teaching in his favourite European city, Barcelona, where he is also studying for a Masters degree in Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition.
Tom specialises in providing professional and personalised adult English language training tailored to my students’ needs – no two English courses are the same. He is not just sensitive to the unique needs of each student, but also provides support, encouragement and reinforcement in order to keep students focused and motivated. His goal as a teacher has always been to create and maintain a communicative and supportive classroom, in which each student feels secure, confident, and appropriately challenged.
In addition to teaching, he also loves travelling (he’s just visited Bosnia), cooking (he can cook a great lasagne), reading (he’s currently reading a great book called ‘Shantaram’), watching James Bond films, photography, and learning foreign languages (he can speak German and Italian, and is learning Japanese, Spanish and Mandarin Chinese).
- business english
- english for advertising
- english for finance
- english for government
- english for marketing
- english for media
- english for pharmaceuticals
- english for sport
- english for the military
- exam english
- legal english
Universitat de Barcelona
- Sep 2016 - June 2018Masters in Applied Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition
International House / Cambridge English
- Oct 2011 - Nov 2011Certificate for English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
University of Bath
- Sep 2007 - Jun 2011BA(Hons) European Studies with German and Italian
¿Por qué buscar un profesor de inglés con profesoringles.net?En profesoringles.net aseguramos calidad. Para que un profesor pueda publicar su CV tiene que reunir varios requisitos:
- Su lengua primaria ha de ser el inglés.
- Educación, mínimo un grado universitario o similar.
- TESL, ha de tener un diploma reconocido como el "Cambridge UCLES CELTA", "Trinity Certificate in TESOL" o similar. Esto incluye exámenes y una serie de clases supervisadas por examinadores expertos, en las que se debe mostrar la habilidad como profesor.
- Entrevista, una entrevista personal con nosotros, donde evaluamos su CV, experiencia y capacidad para enseñar Inglés.