Alan Mc Manus
- English, Accounting & Business Teacher
My areas of interest are English & Accounting in which I possess diverse multi-cultural experience. My key English competencies include, but not limited to, Literacy and Examinations. Literacy I gained from my position with Monash University, while the skill of Examination was acquired as an Assessment Consultant with the British Council.
I recently arrived (July 2016) to Barcelona from Shanghai, after spending five years in Asia. During my years in Shanghai, I worked alongside an Australian University, Monash University, lecturing in English and Accounting for two years. I also worked with the British Council for three years as an Assessment Consultant. Furthermore, in Vietnam, I taught in local Government high schools over a one year period.
Just recently, I finalised my MSc in International Accounting & Finance from the University of Liverpool, specialising in Strategic Finance Practice. Also, I hold a Certificate in Accounting and a Bachelor of Business in Management. On a personal level, I have always been interested in CSR and Human Rights, this is why I did a Postgraduate Certificate in Business, Human Rights Law & Corporate Social Responsibility with the Open University in the UK.
I am CELTA and ACELS qualified since July 2010 and have four and a half years teaching experience. While in Shanghai I also taught with Koolearn, a subsidiary of XDF, who specialised in online learning. This ran for one year via Skype where I taught English on a one-to-one basis to university students, studying domestically and internationally. I also examined in IELTS for three years, allowing much more development and in-depth knowledge be gained on the English language.
My international experience, my experience of distance learning from my MSc in International Accounting & Finance and my online teaching experience ensures recent and thorough knowledge based on current best teaching practices. I have worked in international environments and am familiar with a vast range of working cultures, therefore am an accomplished communicator and decision maker while very adaptable.
University of Liverpool
- Nov 2011/ Oct 2016MSc in International Accounting & Finance
Open University - UK
- Oct 2012/ Dec 2012Business, Human Rights Law & Corporate Social Responsibility
ITT - Dublin
- Sept 2009/ May 2010Higher Certificate in Accounting
ITT - Dublin
- Sept 2006/ May 2009Bachelor of Business in Management
CELTA and ACELS
- July 2010Ireland
- Jan 2013/ Jan 2015English & Accounting Lecturer
- Sept 2011/Aug 2012English Language Teacher
¿Por qué buscar un profesor de inglés con profesoringles.net?En profesoringles.net aseguramos calidad. Para que un profesor pueda publicar su CV tiene que reunir varios requisitos:
- Su lengua primaria ha de ser el inglés.
- Educación, mínimo un grado universitario o similar.
- TESL, ha de tener un diploma reconocido como el "Cambridge UCLES CELTA", "Trinity Certificate in TESOL" o similar. Esto incluye exámenes y una serie de clases supervisadas por examinadores expertos, en las que se debe mostrar la habilidad como profesor.
- Entrevista, una entrevista personal con nosotros, donde evaluamos su CV, experiencia y capacidad para enseñar Inglés.