James Anthony Stephens
- Certificado TEFL/TESOL Native Inglés Profesor de San Francisco! ¡Hablemos!
My name is James and I am a Trinity certified TEFL/TESOL English teacher from San Francisco, CA. I am very excited to be here in Barcelona learning Spanish and getting accustomed to the new culture, food and people.
- Improving Conversational English
- Improving Professional and Business-level English
- Learning Slang, Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
- Working towards English Fluency with custom, structured, recurring classes
- English Proficiency Exam Preparation (CAE, BEC, IELTS, TOEFL)
Where I Teach
- 1-1 Private Tutoring
- In-Company Teaching
- Language Schools and Academies
My Teaching Experience
I have experience teaching private (1-to-1) classes and in classroom settings with sizes ranging from 4-20 students and levels ranging from A2-C1. The lessons I create are always tailored to the learner’s personal goals, interests and level.
My Professional Experience
I spent the last 10-years of my life in the Information Technology (I.T.) and business world working for companies like Symantec and Citrix. During my time there I held positions in engineering, data science, project management, and account management.
Over the past two years, I have also developed and successfully launched a bag and apparel brand in San Francisco, CA. I gained valuable experience in product design and manufacturing as well as brand and business development. I represented the brand in various trade shows along the west coast and formed partnerships with retail shops in both California and Florida to resell our products and help grow the business.
I have a passion for design and cinematography but also enjoy music production, poetry, yoga and Crossfit.
Feel free to reach out to me at 622 226 988 to talk further about what you are looking for.
- business acumen
- ingles para negocios
- profesional language
Oxford TEFL (Trinity School of London)
- Nov 2016 - Dec 2016CertTESOL and TEFL
During my time in the CertTESOL program I completed 9-hours of teaching practice, 4-hours of guided observation and 20-hours of virtual training on teaching methodology and the grammar and phonology of the English language. I taught in classroom sizes ranging from 4-18 students with levels varying from A2 to C1. I mastered the art of creating a meaningful lesson; one with purpose, clear lesson aims, relevant target language and a method to validate the students understanding. My goal while in the classroom is to foster an engaging and supportive environment creating a desire for students to learn.
Nova Southeastern University
- 2011-2013Masters of Science: Information Technology Management
University of Central Florida
- 2005 - 2009Bachelors: Management Information Systems
Larkin Street Youth Services
- OCT 2014 - MAR 2015Volunteer, Mentor and Life Coach
At Larkin I had the opportunity to work with and mentor homeless youth in the Polk Street shelter. This involved offering educational and career advice, leading guided meditation sessions or simply being a mentor and sounding board for clients.
Minimal Bags and Apparel of San Francisco
- 2014 - 2016Founder (CEO) and Chief Designer
Over the past two years I worked to develop and successfully launch a bag and apparel brand in San Francisco. I gained valuable experience in product design and manufacturing as well as brand and business development. I represented the brand in various trade shows along the west coast and formed partnerships with retail shops in both California and Florida to resell our products and help grow the business.
- 2010 - 2016Software Engineer, Project Manager, Systems & Business Analyst
I’ve held various roles while working at Citrix which has given me ample opportunity to develop exceptional interpersonal and professional communication as well as presentation skills while working closely with executive leadership members. Most recently, I worked as a backend developer on the data team building analytical cubes and performance dashboards. During this time I led an agile-development scrum team which was responsible for developing enhancements to the company’s data warehouse. In my earlier years, I led projects and teams which developed the company’s instructor-led training, exams and certifications. I also worked alongside courseware developers providing analyses on the business’s financial and KPI performance.
- 2007 - 2010Account Manager, Business Analyst
At Symantec I was responsible for recruiting and managing a large number of partner accounts for a technical support program. During the creation of this program, I developed program qualifications, training guides and materials which partners were required to complete. This was the foundation for growing my business acumen and learning how to work well with partners from the Latin American region.
¿Por qué buscar un profesor de inglés con profesoringles.net?En profesoringles.net aseguramos calidad. Para que un profesor pueda publicar su CV tiene que reunir varios requisitos:
- Su lengua primaria ha de ser el inglés.
- Educación, mínimo un grado universitario o similar.
- TESL, ha de tener un diploma reconocido como el "Cambridge UCLES CELTA", "Trinity Certificate in TESOL" o similar. Esto incluye exámenes y una serie de clases supervisadas por examinadores expertos, en las que se debe mostrar la habilidad como profesor.
- Entrevista, una entrevista personal con nosotros, donde evaluamos su CV, experiencia y capacidad para enseñar Inglés.